We got to have early hands-on with the new Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+. These much-leaked smartphones are now official and will be available by May 2017. But what is new about these smartphones? Can it bring back Samsung’s reputation back?
Check out our first impression here
Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8+ Specifications
- Samsung Exynos 8895 64-bit Octa-core CPU (4 ARM Cortex A53 1.6GHz + 4 Exynos M1 2.3Ghz)
- Mali G71MP20 GPU
- 5.8-inch or 6.2-inch SuperAMOLED 18.5:9 Ratio | 1440×2960
- 1440 x 2960 / 568 ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB Storage + Expandable
- Wi-Fi Dual Band 802.11ac / BT 4.2 / GPS
- 3G, LTE, LTE-A
- Rear Camera: 12 Megapixel, f/1.7 Aperture, Dual Pixel, Multi-frame capture
- Front Camera: 8 Megapixel, f/1.7 Aperture, Auto-focus
- IP68 Certified Water and Dust Resistant
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Other features: Bixby Virtual Assistant, Iris-scanner, Fast Wireless Charging, Fingerprint Scanner, Heart-rate sensor
- Samsung earphones tuned by AKG
- S8: 3000mAh | S8+: 3500mAh
- Wireless Charging
- Weight: TBD
- Colors: Black, Blue, Gold, Gray
The Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8+ are a bit more expensive, but the well-thought upgrades still give them the advantage over other 2017 new flagships. Definitely a worthy competitor for this year’s best flagship device.
Galaxy S8 – 39,990 (as of March 29, 2017)
Galaxy S8+ – Php44,990 (as of March 29, 2017)
Pre-order will start April 17-29, 2017 via all Samsung authorized dealers, Smart, and Globe. All who will pre-order will get a free wireless speaker bottle design worth Php5,099.
Also see: Samsung Galaxy S8 Official details
Also visit: Samsung Galaxy S7 vs S8 – What changed?