With the ASUS ZenFone Zoom teased last January in CES 2015, 11 months later it’s now official at Taiwan with yesterday’s launch of the product.
Aiming to replace your digital camera, the ZenFone Zoom remarks a unique assembly of hardware to become your photography companion. The 3X Optical Zoom is possible with the help of 10 Element Lens from Hoya. Also in addition is a laser auto focus speed of 0.03 seconds, despite the unit is powered by Intel.
ASUS chairman Jonney Shih formally announces the ZenFone Zoom with 64 and 128GB storage respectively. Here are the official specifications
- Processor: Intel Atom Z3590 2.5ghz (128GB) | Intel Atom Z3580 2.3ghz (64GB)
- Display: 5.5″ Full HD 1920×1080 IPS with Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Rear Camera: 13mp PixelMaster with True Tone Flash, Laser Auto Focus, 3x Optical Zoom by Hoya Lens
- Front Camera: 5mp 88 degree Wide Angle Camera
- Body: Genuine Back Leather with Metal Frame Body
- Storage: 64GB eMMC or 128GB MLC Storage
- Price: NT 15,990 OR Php25,600 Estimated Price
- Connectivity: 802.11 g/n/ac | LTE CAT 4 up to 450mbps
Perhaps as early as now the only gripe we see here is the single sim function of the ZenFone Zoom but specs wise, we are interested to see this monster up close. While the 3x Optical Zoom is promising, we hope to see the actual unit soon here in the Philippines and with the estimated price of Php25,600, it seems ASUS has something against Samsung and other manufacturers here.
Interestingly the ZenFone Max is nowhere to be found in the scene yesterday, we hope that the product can still be seen before 2015 ends.