ASUS is seem to be on a roll now with making standards in every product they release. With the ZenFone 2 smashing the competition in the mid-range smartphone price range, now comes another industry shaking product which is the ZenPower.
This powerbank rated at 10050mAh is just as small as a credit card, as compared to Xiaomi’s 10400mAh powerbank that is much wider and heavier. At 215g its pretty light to carry around and small enough to carry your phone and the ZenPower at the same time. It has the standard LED indicator lights, Power button and single USB output.
The metal finish on the ZenPower is superb, unlike with similar looking powerbanks which is inconsistent in texture. The ZenPower has a matte finish texture that is available in Silver, Gold, Blue and Pink, plus its really easy to hold in the hands without feeling its going to slip.
At the bottom it indicates its a Li-Ion rechargeable powerbank. But ASUS highlighted that the ZenPower has 11 safety features to have a peace of mind against powerbanks exploding, bursting in fire or simply dying on its own.
Here are the safety protection of the ZenPower
- Temperature Protection – Can detect high temperature in cables to avoid over charging
- Short circuit Protection – No more sudden surge of electricity to destroy your device
- Rest Protection – You can reset the ZenPower if it doesn’t work normally
- Input Over Voltage Protection -Protection for over surging in input
- Output Over Voltage Protection – Protection for over surging in output
- Input Reverse Direction Protection – Never worry if your child inserts the charging port into the output cable
- Over Charge/ Over Discharge Protection – Protects the device against over charging
- Output Over Current Protection – Protects the device when a sudden surge of charge is detected
- Cell PTC Protection – Limits the current in the ZenPower to protect the battery
- Adapter Protection – Protects the adapter in case of surging of electricity
- JEITA Protection (Temperature Proection for longer battery lifespan | Up to 1.8x longer lifespan)
Definitely a winning powerbank for Php795. What’s even better is that ASUS representatives it will be available in stores nationwide! Right now its expected for the ZenPower to be initially available via Lazada but in the future you will expect the ZenPower in stores for everyone to purchase. Plus unlike with Xiaomi that is only available in flash sales, the ZenPower is said to be available abundantly within the coming month!
We definitely recommend the ZenPower as it provides the best value and definitely a new standard for powerbanks. Just make sure to buy the original one and never settle with imitation powerbanks! Its only Php795 pesos, so don’t risk your precious devices just to save a hundred pesos. Two thumbs up to ASUS for providing another sure block buster product.