Blackberry’s mysterious device last CES 2017 is now announced in the time for MWC 2017. Named as the KEYone, this new Blackberry Android device with physical QWERTY keyboard is the latest device of the company.
Blackberry KEYone Specifications
- 4.5-inch LCD has a 3:2 aspect ratio and resolution 1620 x 1080
- 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 625 processor 2.0GHz
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB Internal Storage + Up to 2TB MicroSD
- QWERTY Keyboard
- Rear 12-megapixel IMX378 camera sensor | 1.55-micron pixels
- Front 8-megapixel camera
- Aluminium frame
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, Fingerprint Sensor
- USB-Type C Port, 3.5mm Audio Jack
- 3505mAh Non-Removable Battery
- Android 7.1 Nougat
- Weight & Size: TBD
The Blackberry will be available in the market by April 2017, not sure about Philippine availability, though. The $549 price tag is a bit steep at Php27,999 when directly converted to peso.
We think this will be exclusively carried by select stores and some loyal blackberry users will be definitely delighted. But is it enough to bring back spark to the dying company? For us, we will openly give Blackberry a chance.