After months of beta testing, Apple has finally released their latest iOS10. Unfortunately, some users are complaining that the update has bricked their phones rendering them useless. Now, Apple has issued a statement that it has already been fixed and for anyone who was unfortunately affected, here’s a quick and easy guide to bringing your phone back to life:
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac or PC and open iTunes.
- After this, you’ll need to do a force restart and put your phone to recovery mode. To do this, press and hold both the Lock and Home buttons. Keep holding the buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.
- You’ll get a prompt in iTunes that asks you whether you want to update or restore. Select Update to continue installing the iOS10.
- Note that you’ll need to repeat those steps above if the setup is longer than 15 minutes.
- When the upgrade is complete you can now set up your phone.
And that’s about it. If problems still persist you should go to your nearest Apple Store so they can take a look at your phone. If you haven’t updated your phone yet, we suggest that you hold off for a little while until everything is stable and use that time to backup your phone.