For only Php999 (December 13- 15), you can get the Cherry Mobile Ace powered by Firefox OS. Its quite interesting that Cherry Mobile partnered with FireFox OS to bring a complete range of products. As you may remember this year, Cherry mobile regains their positioning in delivering Windows OS phones and Tablets. Their partnerships with Microsoft, Intel and now Firefox proves that they are quite the challenger in the local tech scene.
The Firefox ACE is a worthy phone for Php1,000. Given the price point, don’t expect too much on the impressive stuff but more of the functionality. Opening the package will give you a standard package for smartphones, such as charger, cable, earphones and instructions manual.
Upon opening reveals a similar UI like android, but of course this is inevitable as we all have standards for smartphones. We were able to setup the phone and everything, unfortunately due to the small storage size, it requires you to install a Micro SD card for the 2mp camera to work. Perhaps this might be a problem for people who aren’t that familiar with the OS at all. Plus the 1Ghz processor is sufficient enough to power basic application even youtube, you can also download famous apps in the market place.
The 3.5 inch capacitive screen is accompanied with a textured back cover for better grip, its very ergonomic to hold which is quite sturdy too. Definitely a different touch in smartphones worth less than Php1,000. The speaker is also good when we tried watching youtube videos.
The 1100mAh battery is said to last a day of usage, but we still have to observe it for our self in the next few day. We think its still better to know these information as compared to basic features phones for the same price range.
Overall we welcome the new Firefox OS here in the Philippines, with a very aggressive price point of Php999 (Special price from Dec 13-15, 2014). Its actually the cheapest Firefox OS phone in the world, which we think won’t be possible with other manufacturers. Against buying a feature phone for around 500-1000 pesos, the Cherry Mobile ACE is definitely worth looking as an alternative especially for 1st time smartphone users.
- Razer Blade 14 available on local PH store – June 15, 2015
- Globe offers better business opportunity with MyBusiness Wi-Fi Hub – June 10, 2015
- Boompods Headpods – Bluetooth headphones for value in mind – June 10, 2015
- ASUS launches ZenFone Selfie with Dual 13mp camera and laser auto focus – June 1, 2015
- Get free items when using WeChat with WeRewards – June 1, 2015
- ASUS ZenFone 2 : The phone to beat this 2015 – May 30, 2015
- ASUS ZenPower : The new standard of powerbanks – May 29, 2015
- New ZenFone Selfie to be unveiled in Computex 2015 – May 28, 2015
- Boracay + Laborday = Epic – May 9, 2015
- ZenFone 2 to locally launch on May 16 – May 4, 2015