First introduced in CES 2019, the Dell XPS 13 9380 has arrived in the Philippines. As part of the brand’s premium lineup of ultrabooks, the Dell XPS 13 9380 combines portability, superior materials, and top-notch performance.
The notebook comes with a 13.3-inch display. Although there are 1080p variants available in other regions, the Philippines will be exclusively receiving a 4K UHD panel. Dell has shaved off the bezels in order to make the whole device more portable.
The brand has improved the viewing experience on the XPS 13 9380 with the Dell Cinema 2.0, which includes several new features:
- CinemaColor 2.0 – Enables richer, deeper colors further enhanced by Dolby Vision.
- CinemaSound 2.0 – Volume, bass, and dialogue in media are boosted. Its Sound Optimization automatically adjusts equalization for the best possible experience regardless of the position of speakers.
- CinemaStream 2.0 – The new CinemaStream 2.0 amplifies the video streaming experience up to 10x less buffering and up to 6x improved video quality. Streaming packets on the network are prioritized to let users experience stutter-free streaming.
One of the biggest criticisms in previous XPS notebooks is the position of the webcam. Previously placed at the bottom of the display, images and video captured by the webcam weren’t flattering to most people.
With the XPS 13 9380, Dell has moved the webcam to its usual position: at the top of display. The brand has especially designed the webcam to fit the thin bezels of the device without interfering with the design.
The notebook also supports the Dell Mobile Connect. This allows users to connect their smartphone (be it Android or iOS) to the laptop to seamlessly combine the experience from both devices.
The Dell XPS 13 9380 is powered by an 8th generation Intel Core i7-8565U with either 8GB or 16GB of DDR4 RAM clocked at 2133MHz. Faster access times to files are provided thanks to its 256GB/512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD.
|Dell XPS 13 9380|
|CPU||Intel Core i7-8565U|
|GPU||Intel UHD Graphics 620|
|RAM||8GB DDR4 2133MHz||16GB DDR4 2133MHz|
|Display||13.3-inch 4K UHD, 3840 x 2160, InfinityEdge Touch Display|
|Storage||256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD||512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD|
|I/O Ports||USB Type-C with Power Delivery and DIsplayPort, 3.5mm audio jack, 2x Thunderbolt USB Type-C|
|Connection||802.11ac 2×2, Bluetooth 4.1|
|Weight||Starts at 1.3kg|
|Dimensions||30.2 x 19.9 x 7.8 – 11.6cm (WDH)|
|Battery||52WHr 4-Cell Battery|
|Others||Stereo Speakers, Backlit Keyboard, Fingerprint Scanner, Dell Premiere Sleeve 13|
|Color||Silver||Gold, White||Silver||Gold, White|
|Price||PhP 100,990||PhP 103,490||PhP 118,990||PhP 121,490|
|Warranty||1 Year Premium Support: Onsite Service|
The notebook will come with Dell’s 1 Year Premium Support. This warranty coverage include:
- 24×7 direct access to expert hardware and software phone support.
- Onsite support after remote diagnosis.
- Repairs for accidental damages like drops, spills and electrical surges.
- Collaborative help to resolve everyday software issues.
- Personalized help with software for more complex issues, or for help with setting data backup, parental controls, and more.
- International support.
- Parental control software support.
- SupportAssist technology-enabled features to:
- Proactively find issues and contact Dell while notifying users.
- Predict problems before they start.
- Remove viruses and malware.
- Optimize PC performance automatically.
Those who have Dell’s Premium support can call the Dell Hotline at 1800-1601-0061 (Toll-Free) or +6328830677 (Non Toll-Free) for services.
The Dell XPS 9380 will have a starting price of PhP 109,090 and is available in several colors:
- Black and Silver
- Rose Gold and White
- Arctic White and Frost (available starting May 2019)