Have you been wanting to experience the speed of 5G but not quite sure if you’re area is covered yet? Luckily, Globe has published a list of 5G-covered areas in Metro Manila as of September 2020. While the whole country isn’t blanketed in 5G yet, key areas and districts have been included.
Globe 5G-covered areas currently include:
- Quezon City: Commonwealth Ave., Tandang Sora Road, Mindanao Ave, Luzon Ave.
- Manila: Abad Santos Ave., Rizal Ave., Honorio Lopez Boulevard.
- Marikina: Sumulong Highway, Bagong Silang.
- Caloocan: Quirino Highway, C3 Road, Congressional Road Ext.
- Valenzuela: Pan Philippine Highway, Tamaraw Hill Road.
- Madaluyong: Shaw Boulevard, Boni Ave.
- Pasig: C. Raymundo Ave., Medical City Bus Stop
- Las Pinas: Alabang Zapote Road, Marcos Alvarez Ave.
- Makati: Pasong Tamo, JP Rizal, Strategic areas in Magallanes Village.
- Taguig: Lawton Avenue, Philippine Army, McKinley Road, Forbes Park.
- Paranaque: East Service Road, Dona Soledad Ave., Dr. A. Santos Ave.
- Strategic areas along SLEX and NLEX.
- Strategic areas along EDSA and C5.
- Central Business Districts: BGC, Makati, Rockwell, Ortigas.
The telco is still expanding their 5G network to include more and more areas until they cover the Philippines with the next generation of mobile data speed. They have started their largest nationwide network upgrade yet in order to bring faster speeds to its customers.
In order to use 5G, you’ll need to get a 5G-capable smartphone. Globe is currently have a sale over at their official online store until September 30, 2020 where you can get 5G smartphones at a lower plan price than usual.