Another DLC expansion pack for Hearts of Iron IV is coming in the form of Battle for the Bosporus. This new DLC will concentrate on the countries in the Mediterranean, namely: Bulgaria, Greece, and Turkey. Like in previous DLCs, these “minor” countries will have their own National Focus Trees that players can manipulate to change the course of history.
We haveve previously reviewed Hearts of Iron IV and have given it a stellar score due to its addicting gameplay and mod support. You can check out our review here:
Hearts of Iron IV: Battle for the Bosporus
For centuries, the Bosporus and Dardanelles have been key to strategy in the Mediterranean. A gate that joins the Black Sea and the Mediterranean, a short crossing that divides Europe from Asia. In the middle of a world crisis, this strait is an attractive target for any great power that seeks to dominate the region. Is neutrality even possible when war arrives on your doorstep?
Hearts of Iron IV: Battle for the Bosporus Official Description
This expansion for Hearts of Iron IV adds dedicated national focus trees to the minor powers around the Black Sea and the Aegean. Bulgaria, Greece and Turkey can each chart unique historical and alternate history paths as they resist efforts by the major powers to dominate the strategic sealanes of the Bosporus and Dardanelles.
Features of Hearts of Iron IV: Battle for the Bosporus include:
- National Focus Tree for Bulgaria: Balance the factions in a divided land or reclaim territory lost in 1919. Follow the historical alliance with Germany or resist the German pressures on Tsar Boris, standing up for a free Bulgaria.
- National Focus Tree for Greece: Riven by political division, Greek neutrality is maintained by the controversial Metaxas. Build a strong relationship with the Allies under the guidance of King George II, follow arch-conservatives into fascism or restore the glories of Greek Empire in the east.
- National Focus Tree for Turkey: Robbed of its empire in the last war, what future is there for Turkey in a new one? Continue or halt the reforms of Kemalism, stand as the protector of the Balkans in a new regional faction, restore the Sultan to the throne or found a new Islamic state.
- New Music Tracks
- New 3D Unit Models for Balkan and Turkish Armies
- Unique voice overs for Bulgaria, Greece and Turkey
Pricing and Availability
Hearts of Iron IV: Battle for the Bosporus will be available on 15 October 2020 for the suggested retail price of $9.99/£7.19/€9.99. Price in Philippine Peso is still unknown.