While GCash has proved invaluable in introducing its users to cashless transactions, there are some people who prefer the safety and familiarity of receiving money the old-fashioned way. Fortunately, GCash is offering its users the option to send money to non-GCash users.
This instruction will only work if the intended recipient of funds is a Globe or TM subscriber. If they are not, they would still need to download and register on the GCash app available in iOS and Android to receive the money.
- Visit the nearest Villarica branch.
- Tell the cashier and show them the SMS that tells you that you have received money from GCash.
- Dial *143# and select GCash and then Register. Follow the on-screen steps to complete the registration. You will be able to register to the service without a smartphone so long as you are a Globe or TM subscriber.
- You should receive a confirmation SMS after registering. Show the confirmation message to the cashier.
- Let the cashier fill out an online form with your details to verify your Gcash account. Provide your valid ID and let them take a photo of it. They will also need a photo of you holding your ID and your signature. Make sure the photos are clear or your application may be rejected.
- You and the cashier will receive an SMS with the results of your application after 10 minutes.
- If approved, the cashier will start the cash-out transaction and you will receive a text message from GCash or 2282 asking you to reply with your MPIN or OTP. Reply the correct information to confirm your cash-out transaction.
- Once the cash-out transaction is confirmed, you will be able to receive your money from the cashier. There will be a standard 2% fee for every cash-out.
Please remember that GCash representatives or employees will never ask your MPIN or OTP. Do not share this with any person and use it only when prompted by the GCash app or system-generated messages.