MIAS 2017 is the biggest auto show in the Philippines and it will end on April 2, 2017. There are a lot of car brands, trucks, ATVs or even auto-related brands such as accessories, modified vehicles and even insurance! So don’t get overwhelmed with all of the booths and read up to be prepared.
Here are tips how to enjoy and survive this auto-show.
- Food and drinks aren’t allowed inside – You can’t bring-in any food and drinks inside the venue, so please consume or drink all of it before going in.
- Parking is at Boom na Boom – Yes, the whole Word Trade Center has no parking for attendees unless for disabled / senior citizens, but the slots are also limited so better drop them off and park at boom na boom which is infront of World Trade Center.
- Take care of you car in parking – The parking provided isn’t shaded, so make sure to bring umbrellas to walk to the venue and lower the window a bit to release some heat and avoid cooking your car inside. A windshield cover won’t hurt either.
- Prioritize where do you want to go – There are so many booth to visit, so read up the directory and prioritize what you want to see. We suggest to look all of the booth of the WTC main hall and start to check out Tent A & B afterwards.
- Prepare to walk – You will be forced to walk through all halls of the world-trade center, then through the tent area which also connects to the Philippine Trade Training Center for a total of 5 zones. The last zone is the PTTC Area / Car Competition which you will get to see all modified vehicles in their glory.
- Bring an eco-bag – perhaps you like collecting flyers or brochures, make sure to have an eco bag as there are many who will hand out these for you.
- Patience in taking photos – Set your patience to high as a lot of people will simply walk pass by and interrupt your photo, we suggest to take photos in a safe distance and most of the time booths have a good spot for taking photos.
- Ask politely when taking photos of models – For sure they are in the venue for days and standing all day-long. A small gesture of please and thank you will go a long day to keep them smiling.
Aside from those tips, you should also do these
- Test drive carefully – the line to test drive might take some time, so select the car you want or be early to experience what you want to compare. =
- Participate in booth activities – Brands encourages you to try out their booths and get to win prizes, we say go for it as some brands even hands out premium items for you to have a chance to win.
- Visit more than just cars – There are booths about car accessories, ATVs and even Segways! So make sure to visit them and you might be interested with alternative vehicles.
Aside from that, it’s not bad to consider your vehicle a much deserved upgrade or pampering. Car accessory brands offer discounts exclusive to the venue, so why not canvas for a good wax, tire or even a brand new tint?
But don’t be hasty about other items like car insurance or loans, you can always just go online and compare them to sites like gobear.com. An agent can simply be persuasive an offer a tempting item on-site, but you might get a bad deal since it’s best to compare with other brands.
So that’s it! Make sure you have fun and get the best deal at MIAS 2017. Free Wi-Fi is also available at the venue but in our experience it was clunky due to the massive number of people inside, so be sure to have your own data plan so you’re ready to share.