Vivo India just launched the new Vivo V5s, it is the next generation smartphone of the successful V5. The V5s now comes in black and ironically looks entirely the same as the previous V5 series.
Additionally, the specs of the V5s is the same as the V5 but with a better storage of 64GB internally. It also comes in black matte color aside from the regular gold variant color.
Vivo India highlighted their moonlight flash and group selfie via a panoramic panning of left and right gesture. Technically, the front camera isn’t a wide-angle lens similar to their direct competitor.
The major difference perhaps of this V5s to the previous V5 will be the upgraded Vivo FunTouch OS 3.0, the user interface is cleaner and similar to the Vivo V5 Plus. Additional support for dual-sim apps are also integrated, so you can have dual social media apps like Viber, WhatsApp, and more.
Vivo V5s Specifications
- 1.5GHz MediaTek 6750 octa-core processor
- Mali T860 Graphics Processor
- 4GB RAM
- 5.5-Inch HD IPS Display; 1280×720 Resolution
- 64GB of expandable storage
- 13-megapixel rear camera, f/2.2 LED Flash
- 20-megapixel front camera f/2.0 aperture with LED Flash
- Dual SIM (Hybrid tray)
- 3G, 4G LTE (No 700MHz support)
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, Fingerprint Scanner
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow, FunTouch UI
- No Fast Charging
- 3000mAh Non-Removable Battery
The Vivo V5s will retail in India for Rs.18,000 or around Php14,000 when directly compared. No details yet if the V5s will be launched here in the Philippines but we honestly think that 64GB internal storage isn’t that appealing as a new smartphone variant.