HMD Global has a nice surprise to all who own the Nokia 5.1 Plus this New Year by updating the smartphone to Android 9.0 Pie. Aside from an updated OS, the update will be bringing a few new features to the smartphone.
As of today, there are a total of seven Nokia smartphones running Android 9.0 Pie including the Nokia 5.1 Plus. The upgrade will allow its users access to the latest features of the OS such as App Actions and Digital Wellbeing, features exclusive to Android One devices and Google Pixel smartphones.
- App Actions – Helps users get things done quicker by predicting the next move and displaying the right action on the smartphone screen.
- Slices – Identifies relevant information on commonly used apps to make them more easily accessible.
- Adaptive Battery – Users deep learning to understand usage patterns and prioritize battery power on important apps.
- Adaptive Brightness – Automatically adapts the smartphone’s brightness by learning from the user’s interactions
- New System Navigation – Features a single home button that provides intelligent predictions and suggests.
- Dashboard – Highlights screen time and smartphone usage and includes how many times the device has been unlocked and the number of notifications received.
- App Timers – Sets time limits on application usage.
- Wind Down and Do Not Disturb – Allows users to set a daily schedule to get the smartphone ready for bed. Wind Down fades the screen to grayscale while Do Not Disturb silences notifications.
Available for PhP 12,990, the Nokia 5.1 Plus can be purchased from Nokia mobile resellers like MemoXpress, Argomall, and at in-store Nokia mobile branded stores, kiosks, and exhibits. Every purchase of the smartphone can net its users a free game pad.