Overwatch’s Chinese New Year is almost at its end. Now, Blizzard is adding new content in the PTR that we’re expecting to see live in every servers next week. And this updates are massive. Check out this video:
One of the highlights of the update is the addition of the Server Browser. It is “An extension of Overwatch’s Custom Game mode, the Server Browser allows you to adjust the settings on various maps, modes, and heroes, creating your own tailer-made server.”
As for custom games, you can now change and edit different settings whether it be removing characters or their abilities to the speed of how the payload moves. You can also change the cooldown timer of each abilities so you’ll get to see Tracer blink everywhere in the map with no rest. Experimentation is the key to create cool and exciting game modes which Blizzard wants you to do.
They also added the Chinese New Year’s Capture the Rooster into Custom matches and released nine other maps changed for CTR. That means you can play CTR in other maps too.
But the most exciting update that’s available now in the PTR is the buff that will come our favorite sentry hero, Bastion. Here are the updates:
- Deploy time decreased from 1.5 seconds to 1.0 second
- Bullet spread increased by 50 percent
- Bullet spread is always at maximum (it no longer increases as the weapon is fired.)
- Magazine size increased from 200 to 300.
- Headshot damage multiplier has been removed.
- No longer deals critical damage.
- Bullet spread decreased by 25 percent
- Magazine size increased from 20 to 25
- Can now be used while moving
- Now bound to secondary fire (formerly Ability 2)
- No longer interrupted by taking damage
- A new resource meter has been added that deplete while Self-Repair is active and recharges when not in use
- No longer grants bonus armor
Bastion has a new passive: Ironclad
- Bastion takes 35% less damage while in Sentry or Tank configuration
The PTR update has a massive size of 1.3GB. Basically what this update means is that it wants everyone in the community to create amazing custom contents like Warcraft 3.
Get ready, Bastion mains. Your time is now!