The new Samsung Galaxy S6 is now available in the Philippines. After a month of heavy advertisements, Samsung Philippines is really banking on the new Galaxy S6 to regain their former glory. At the SM Megamall Fashion Hall, the Galaxy S6 and S6 was presented through a well crafted S stage, a fashion walk and along with the one of a kind Galaxy S6 edge casing made out of diamonds and golds rings worth 2 million pesos.
The one of a kind casing made by Philippine based jeweler Marilou Co created the Galaxy S6 edge casing out of 18k carat gold and diamonds. It took the jeweler 2 months to create the project, but definitely worth the time exerted since its a special collaboration with Samsung. Definitely worth 2 million pesos you think?
Photo by : Technology Journalist Michael Josh of www.michaeljosh.com
On the other hand, the battle of the telecoms was also present in the area where Globe and Smart had stations to encourage people to get the new Galaxy S6 via postpaid. Smart telecom offers chances to win tickets to Katy Perry’s concert this May, Boracay or even HK trip tickets. While Globe offers free wireless charger and 3 months of either Spotify Premium or HOOQ Streaming service with the lowest plan ever at 599 a month and free wireless chargers for every unit of Galaxy S6 or S6 edge.
On the event area itself, you can try out activities like augmented reality photo taking, take photos with Avengers cosplayers and even have a cup of Starbucks coffee and Krispy Kreme doughnuts while waiting for your Galaxy S6 to be processed by Globe. Or explore around the units in demo in the area in the booths of Smart and Samsung.
You can still catch the roadshow until today at SM Megamall Fashion hall, Ayala Center Cebu and SM Davao to avail of exclusive offers like Free wireless charger worth 2,099, 2 year extended warranty and special discounts if you trade in your smartphone. Technically that is around 5 thousand pesos of freebies which is not bad at all.
We tried out the units ourself and we really loved the camera capabilities of the Galaxy S6. Plus check out our future posts as we test out the camera of the Galaxy S6 in common places in Metro Manila soon!
- ASUS ZenPower : The new standard of powerbanks – May 29, 2015
- New ZenFone Selfie to be unveiled in Computex 2015 – May 28, 2015
- Boracay + Laborday = Epic – May 9, 2015
- ZenFone 2 to locally launch on May 16 – May 4, 2015
- Things to look forward in #LaBoracay 2015 – April 29, 2015
- Samsung wants you to get the Galaxy S6 and S6 edge now! – April 19, 2015
- Time to invest! Globe announces all time high achievement ranking – April 16, 2015
- Zenfone 2 SKUs revealed at ASUS website – April 11, 2015
- New Marshall headphones and speakers launched! – April 4, 2015
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Hands-On : Goodbye Plastic – April 4, 2015