Smart postpaid just revamped their postpaid lineup from “Smart Giga Plans” to Smart Signature Plans. With months of teasers of their billboard saying “Reimagine PH” and with the Instagram handle @reimagineph, Smart has finally the secret is now out as visuals in Smart Stores are now seen with 2018 Ms.Universe Catriona Gray as their ambassador.
All Plans are now represented by sizes which is simple to understand, so just like wearing clothes, you can now refer to Small, Medium, Large, Xtra-Large. All plans have been revamped with bigger open-data access and calls.
Signature Plan (Sim Only)
Signature Device Plan (With Device)
Any-Net calls mean that all PLDT/Smart/Sun/Globe/TM can now be called including landline calls. Great news as this is important for people now. It’s a saving to avoid calling landlines for Php7.00 per minute. While On-Net calls are Smart/Sun/TNT networks.
No exact details are yet released for their devices included plans, but we’re guessing its almost the same structure as with previous plans that you are going to have add-on.
Compared to GigaX Plans
The new Signature Plans now have bigger open-data allocation but with the sacrifice of the dedicated video data bucket. But it’s nice that even the Plan 999 now have bigger Any-Net call allocation and almost 3x as compared to its previous plans.
You’ll miss the 10GB free data allocation for YouTube and other video sites, its a hit and miss for consumers but we think bigger open-data access is more important.
Do take note that smaller plans like 599, 799 are not included in the signature plans. Looks like Smart is making their postpaid plan bracket now more optimized where you can choose to pick Sun for 799 below and 999 above for Smart.
We just hope that anti-bill shock is now ok.
In our GigaX Plan experience, there is still the bill-shock experience where Smart charges you Php5.00 per 15 minutes of data after you consumed your data. Hopefully here in the Smart Signature Plans, they have already resolved this issue.
Can I switch to Signature Plans now?
Based on the official website of Smart, here are the conditions when changing to the new Signature plans.
- If already out-of-contract, you may renew your plan to a Smart Signature Plan/Device Plan.
- If you have 1-3 months remaining within the contract, you may avail of early renewal to a Signature Device Plan. Remaining months to be added to your new commitment period.
- If you have 4-6 months remaining within the contract, at Plan 999 and up, you may avail of early renewal to a Signature Device Plan. Remaining months to be added to your new commitment period.
- If you are not yet qualified for Plan Renewal, you may avail of Plan Change depending on your current plan:
- If from a line-only plan, you can avail of Smart Signature Plan inclusions.
- If from a device plan, you can avail of Smart Device Plan inclusions.
Overall these plans are welcomed with bigger data, they are easier to understand as well. But hopefully more than just a rebranding they really mean the slogan “Renew to the mobile experience that prioritizes you!”
Credit to Jam Online for the photo taken at Robinsons Manila.