After much anticipation, Sony has officially announced the pricing of the upcoming PlayStation 5. Prices will start at USD 399 (PhP 20,000) for the PS5 Digital Edition while the PS5 with the Ultra HD Blu-Ray Disc Drive will sell at USD 499 (PhP 25,000).
On November 12, 2020, the Sony PlayStation 5 will arrive in select territories: U.S., Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, and South Korea. Other markets in the Globe will receive Sony’s latest console on November 19, 2020.
Both Digital and Standard versions come with the same specifications such as a custom AMD processor and RDNA 2-based GPU, as well as a blazing-fast SSD with integrated I/O for faster loading times. The only difference is that the Digital model will not have a blu-ray disc drive.
Aside from announcing the price of the console, Sony has unveiled the prices for PS5’s accessories.
- DualSense Wireless Controller (Standalone) – USD 69.99
- Pulse 3D Wireless Headset – USD 99.99
- 1080p HD Camera – USD 59.99
- Media Remote – USD 29.99
- DualSense Charging Station – USD 29.99
Launch titles for the PlayStation 5 will include:
- Astro’s Playroom – Pre-installed on PS5
- Demon’s Souls – USD 69.99
- Destruction AllStars – USD 69.99
- Marvel’s Spider–Man: Miles Morales – USD 69.99
- Sackboy A Big Adventure – USD 59.99
Sony has also announced additional games which are coming to their latest console:
- Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition
- Final Fantasy XVI
- Five Nights at Freddy’s Security Breach
- Hogwarts Legacy
- A new God of War title
Although Sony has announced the global pricing of the PlayStation 5, we have yet to receive its official selling price in the Philippines. We expect that Sony and major retailers to break the local pricing of the PlayStation 5 Digital and Standard edition as we come closer to its November 19 global launch date.