With the latest 7th generation Intel Core processors incoming, ASUS just announced their arsenal of Z270 series motherboards compatible with the new processors. Ultimately, the motherboards from ASUS have various targets from entry level users, gamers, enthusiasts and extreme overclockers depending on the performance needed.
Plus, we loved that ASUS is purshing all out with their Aura LED color sync management to deliver a complete LED lighting personalization all-thoughout.
Extreme Gamers and Overclockers
ROG lineup includes the all-new Maximus IX Extreme, Formula, Code, Apex and Hero which all feature top of the line gaming performance to unlock the 7th generation processors.
The Maximus IX lineup includes Extreme, redefined for water-cooling veterans and gamers who demand cutting edge technologies, Formula for performance-hungry gamers and modders that want to dip their toes into custom water-cooling, and Hero for everyday gaming brilliance.
Worth mentioning is that the Maximus IX Apex currently holds multiple world records by achieving the best CPU-frequency score with Intel Core processors since the X58 platform-based motherboards with a single-core, single-thread frequency of 7.383GHz, and 7.328MHz at four cores and eight threads. It also set a reference clock (BCLK) record at 584MHz and a memory frequency surpassing 5GHz in single channel, with 5041MHz. In total, Maximus IX Apex has secured eight WRs and 13 GFPs.
ROG Strix gaming motherboards for style-conscious enthusiast, the all-new ASUS Prime series for everyday customization and tuning, and the latest ASUS TUF boards with 24/7 stability and newly-added overclocking abilities. The ASUS workstation motherboard series has also been updated for the Z270 revolution — and all boards are loaded with exclusive technologies to enable users to extract every ounce of performance from Intel’s latest CPUs.
Aside from the ROG and Strix motherboards, the all performance motherboards also have tricks up its seelves such as.
- ASUS-exclusive 5-Way Optimization dynamically optimizes essential aspects of the system based on real-time use, including the all-new Stress Test Distribution feature that allows users to adjust the proportion of CPU and DRAM stress for the best overclocking performance.
- The latest-generation Fan Xpert 4 allows users to monitor the GPU temperature to ensure cooler usage scenarios when the graphics card is under heavy loads, such as during 3D content creation or when gaming.
- ASUS Pro Clock technology has a dedicated base-clock (BCLK) generator designed for 7th Generation Intel processors, enabling overclocked base-clock frequencies of up to 425MHz and beyond. It works in tandem with the ASUS TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) to enhance voltage and base-clock overclocking control, and boosts performance up to 5.4GHz and beyond.
- Third-generation ASUS T-Topology takes DDR4 memory overclocking to new heights — up to 4133MHz or even beyond. Refined manufacturing ensures ultra-consistent quality and minimal crosstalk between custom trace paths, so users can enjoy the thrill of overclocking DDR4 with time-aligned signaling for superior stability.
Aside from what is mentioned above, all ROG Maximus or Strix motherboards feature
- Aura Sync, the world’s first motherboard-controlled synchronized RGB lighting, and has 3D-printing-friendly design — ushering in a new era of personalization and customization.
- Gaming audio with exclusive SupremeFX codecs
- Air- and water-cooling innovations with both built-in options and easy expansion.
- industry’s best automated-overclocking performance through refined design choices, optimized board layouts and class-leading features.
- The very latest Intel Gigabit Ethernet for reduced CPU overhead
- exclusive LANGuard with signal-coupling technology and premium surface-mounted to ensure reliable connections and better throughput
- Electrostatically-guarded and surge-protected components (ESD Guards) for 1.9X-greater tolerance to static electricity and 2.5X-greater protection (up to 15KV) against surges.
Gaming connectivity: Best connections
ROG and ROG Strix Z270 motherboards are all equipped with USB 3.1 Type-A ports for ultra-fast transfer speeds of up to 10Gbps with great backward compatibility, and most models also have at least one USB Type-C
Dual M.2 is also a key feature of the latest ROG and ROG Strix Z270 gaming boards, enabling gamers to quickly and easily expand their storage options and tap into a blistering 32Gbps of PCIe bandwidth.
ROG Motherboards 3D-printing friendly
ROG Motherboards are also the world’s first motherboard brand to support 3D-printed components — making it easy for users to print their own parts to customize the motherboard’s appearance, improve system performance or manage cables.
ASUS worked with Shapeways, the world’s largest 3D-printing service company, to launch the ASUS 3D Printing storeThis online store hosts the full selection of ASUS 3D-printable parts, enabling users to select the parts they want to print — replete with preferred materials and color — and order directly via Shapeways.
Pricing and availability
Amazingly is that these motherboards are now available in the Philippines starting January 2017. SRP is yet to be announced by ASUS Philippines.