Valorant Patch 1.12 is now live and with it are numerous fixes for the game. The developers went on to stomp some bugs and some problems that are contributing to some play issues. For those looking for new content, unfortunately, there’s none to be found here. However, they are looking to have a new patch out on December 8. So stay tuned!
Check out our review of the game here!
Official Valorant Patch 1.12 Press Release
Light day at the office this time around. Expect updates to the Observer, social panel and bug
fixes. As mentioned in the recent Ask VALORANT, the problematic release of Patch 1.11 is forcing us to reevaluate what it takes to raise the quality bar for patch days going forward.
So, while we’re not skipping Patch 1.12, we’re giving it a light touch. Updates to the Observer and the social panel are the stars this time around, along with some bug fixes. The in-match display of Act Rank Badges will continue to be suspended while we figure out what’s contributing to the performance hitches. As a head’s up, it’s very likely we’ll skip the next patch and get back in the swing of things on or around Dec. 8.
Valorant 1.12 COMPETITIVE UPDATES
- Act Rank Badges are disabled in-game while we investigate a potential issue where they may be causing performance hitches in-game. Your Act Rank Badge will still display in Competitive lobbies, map load in, and on the end-of-game screen.
- The Competitive team will continue to investigate the system to work towards a holistic fix in a future patch.
- Big shout out to Kevin.
GAME SYSTEMS UPDATES
- Observers no longer hear ping audio
- Improved sightline visibility in well-lit areas
- Added Game State Modification cheat to allow moderators to adjust various aspects of the game (player stats, money, etc.) in a tournament setting
- Rolled back fixed team colors change from 1.11
- This was causing some confusion as people have started to associate red with attack, and green with defense
- There were a couple bugs causing certain UI elements to display in the wrong
- We plan to bring this feature back in the future, when we finish adding support
for custom team colors.
- We have redesigned the Open/Close Party toggle to make it easier for players to
understand whether they are in an open or closed party
- Observers will now appear as “in game” in the social panel
- Observers can now view and type in /all chat in custom games
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Added a new user interface for custom game observers during character select
Valorant 1.12 BUG FIXES
- Fixed a bug where leaving/disconnecting from a Custom Game would result in a VAL-51 error, requiring the game to be remade in order for the player to rejoin
- Fixed a bug in the end-of-game screen after an Icebox match that displayed Haven’s map, and would incorrectly display timeline markers
- Fixed issue where players could target mid-air (dropped) weapons with some abilities
- Left handed mode: fixed recoil animation being incorrectly mirrored (mismatching actual weapon recoil)
- Fixed overlapping Observer UI when a player is planting/defusing
- Fixed inconsistent team coloring on minimap pings
- Fixed rare issue where Observer camera transition visuals could get stuck when swapping between player views