Dual camera is now the trend for 2017, launched last year with success by the likes of the iPhone7, Huawei P9, LG G5 and more.
With ASUS fierce in the smartphone competition, they won’t be left out in this game. Hence, welcome the ZenFone 3 Zoom.
ASUS ZenFone 3 Zoom Specifications
- Snapdragon 625 2.0Ghz Processor (Specifically designed for dual camera)
- Adreno 506 Graphics
- 5.5″ Full HD SuperAMOLED display
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB Storage expandable via MicroSD
- Dual 12mp ƒ/1.7 aperture (1 x Wide Angle + 1 x Telephoto 2.3x Zoom)
- Sony IMX362 Sensor, Laser Auto Focus, SuperPixel Technology, Color Sensor, Dual LED Flash
- 5,000mAh non-removable (No Quick Charge)
- Dual Sim (Hybrid Tray Setup)
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac | Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS, A-GPS, Glonass
- Android Marshmallow 6.0 with Zen UI 3.0
Here is our first impression video
The ZenFone 3 Zoom actually merges the strength of the ZenFone 3 (Performance), ZenFone 3 Max (Battery Life) with Zoom and great night photography functionality. Qualcomm said that the 625 processor equipped in the ZenFone 3 Zoom is specifically built for dual-camera setup, perhaps this is the reason why the Snapdragon 652 was not used.
ZenFone 3 Zoom is available in Rose Gold, Silver and Navy Black. No pricing is yet announced for the ZenFone 3 Zoom, but our daring guess for the unit with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage is 20,995 to 23,995. If correct, this will lead ASUS to fight against the popular Huawei P9 and even phones in the 30k range.
See also: ZenFone 3 Zoom vs iPhone 7 Plus