When the iPhone 6 and 6 plus was launch, the famous #BendGate was the problem of the tech giant. It resulted to curious people bending the iPhone 6 Plus even on Apple stores! SquareTrade an american company that shows how durable tech devices through series of drop and now bend tests. This time, they tested the new Galaxy S6 Edge in how it compares to the iPhone 6 Plus and HTC M9.
Unfortunately, despite the Galaxy S6 edge showing signs of surival in a brutal drop test, it shows a weaker body in terms of bending. At 110bls of pressure the S6 edge’s curved glass broke, while the iPhone 6 plus and HTC M9 survived at 110lbs. Meanwhile the Galaxy S6 edge endured at 149lbs of weight before breaking, making it 2nd place where the iPhone 6 plus at 179lbs and the HTC M9 at mere 120lbs.
What does this mean? The Galaxy S6 Edge’s curved glass might survive / endure several drops, but its more prone to glass breakage. A factor you shouldn’t worry much since the Galaxy S6 has a more portable size in comparison to the iPhone 6 plus, a situation less to worry about bending.
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus
- HTC One M9
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Source : SquareTrade
- iFlix or HOOQ : Which is the better one? – July 8, 2015
- Cherry Mobile and Intel teases “MAIA” campaign – July 5, 2015
- InFocus projector brand enters Philippines smartphone arena – July 5, 2015
- Kuripot Tip : Maximizing your mobile data subscription – July 4, 2015
- Why do you need a 3G tablet? – July 3, 2015
- Razer Blade 14 available on local PH store – June 15, 2015
- Globe offers better business opportunity with MyBusiness Wi-Fi Hub – June 10, 2015
- Boompods Headpods – Bluetooth headphones for value in mind – June 10, 2015
- ASUS launches ZenFone Selfie with Dual 13mp camera and laser auto focus – June 1, 2015
- Get free items when using WeChat with WeRewards – June 1, 2015