Google recently released a new extension for Google Chrome that reduces your data usage, it is still in beta but you can download it now and participate in the testing.
It is called Data Saver, the extension intelligently uses Google’s data compression proxy service to enhance and optimize pages before loading them to your internet browser. The extension will not work with SSL and Incognito currently, also, you will need to have the latest Chrome browser update to use it.
The extension will work as soon as you install it. You can click the extension button found in your browser toolbar so you can see how much data it has optimized for you.
The feature is also available for download for Chrome on Android and iOS. To use it, just go into Settings, and tap Data Saver to turn it on.
- Perception: A Blind Horror Game – May 28, 2015
- Valve outs CS:GO ‘BloodHound’ Update – May 28, 2015
- LG releases G4 Stylus and G4c – May 20, 2015
- Taylor Swift Now Has Her Own Emoji – May 18, 2015
- Asus Zenfone 2 Officially Released Locally – May 16, 2015
- Google Forced to Freeze Map-editing Tool – May 12, 2015
- Android M to be announced at Google I/O 2015 – May 7, 2015
- Floyd Mayweather’s Win Is Just as much Regrettable in Punch Out! – May 4, 2015
- Instagram Adds 3 New Filters and Emoji Hashtags – April 29, 2015
- Steam Stops Paid Mods for Skyrim after Internet Riot – April 29, 2015